To insert a Survey Question, select the + New Survey Content buttons at the top of the survey content page or choose the Insert button alongside the content items. To edit a survey question, select the Edit button alongside the survey question in the survey content. A survey question (or statement) is a survey element which allows a response from a participant. Several different question types can be added to a survey, including Free Text, Multi Select and Rating Scale.
The steps to edit a survey question include:
- Enter the Question Text. Some html formatting is allowed.
- Enter instructions specifically related to the survey question/statement (optional). These instructions appear below the survey question. HTML formatting options are availabe.
- Select the Answer Type and create the answer options relevant to the Answer Type. Answer types include Free text, Multiple Choice - single answer, Multiple Choice - multiple answer, Answer List and Rating scale. Standard Rating Scales are provided with a Spark Chart account. You can also create your own customised Rating Scales and Answer Lists under the TOOLS menu.
- Select whether an answer is required. By default, this is set to optional/not required. We recommend that questions remain Optional and only use Required by exception when essential.
- Decide whether to allow participants to comment and click the check box accordingly.
- Choose a Theme if desired. Think of Themes as being the survey objectives. Multiple themes are allowed. Themes are not visible to survey participants.
- By default, survey questions are Active, however they can be made inactive.
- Click "Save" to store the question and selections in the survey.
Options for Multiple Choice
Multiple Choice options may be added individually from the + Add Option button or may be added from a typed or pasted list from the Quick Add button. Templates are provided for commonly used multiple choice options - like Yes/No and Agree/Disagree.
You can easily change the order of your Multiple Choice question options, by dragging them using the arrow button to the left of the option
Survey question window
Survey content in launched projects
When a project is "Launched" the project will create a copy of the survey at the time of launch. Any changes to the survey content after project launch will not change the survey in the launched project.