To create a survey, select the + New Survey button from the Surveys menu. You can create a survey from scratch by selecting "Empty survey" or choose "From library" to install a survey template from our library.
Content, such as instructions, questions and page breaks, can be added, or edited, by selecting the Content button in the surveys menu after the survey has been created and saved.
How to create a survey template
Survey templates from the library will be installed instantly.
For an empty survey, add the following details and select Save.
- Survey name and description
- Select a default Rating scales if desired. Default Rating Scales are optional. However, they can help to save time when building a survey. In order to add a default Rating Scale to a survey, create the Rating Scale from the Tools/Rating Scales menu.
- Select a default Answer List if desired
How to add content to the survey
To add or edit survey content, go to the Surveys menu and select the Content button alongside the survey. The survey content window will open. This is where to build the content of the survey, including:
- Text can be used for inserting instructions, messages or headings. HTML formatting is available.
- Page Breaks to control how many survey items appear on each page on the web. A page break creates a break in the survey. Survey responses are saved when participants move to the next page.
- Survey questions are the content where participants enter their responses. Question types include Free Text comments, Multiple Choice and Rating Scale.
Contact Spark Chart if you need help to make sure your survey project is a success. Or sign up for the Spark Chart survey software to make the process easy. Here is a summary of Spark Chart survey software features.