Survey Templates are where all elements of a survey are brought together in preparation for adding the survey to a project. Surveys are added to a project when creating or editing the project from the Projects menu. A survey is a template that can be re-used in many projects. There are two steps to building a survey
- Create the survey and select default settings
- Add the survey content, including survey questions, instructions and page breaks
Most surveys will require Rating Scales and Themes. You may wish to create commonly used rating scales and themes first.
- To create a new survey, click on the "+ New Survey Template" button at the top of the page and choose from "Empty survey" or "Survey library".
- Click on the Copy button in the survey list to create and then edit a copy of a survey.
- Click on the Content button in the survey list to add content to the survey, including instructions, survey questions and page breaks.
- To edit or delete a survey, click on the Edit or Delete buttons in the survey list.
- Surveys can be printed ar saved to pdf by selecting the Print button.
The Surveys Window
Surveys in launched projects
When a project is launched, a copy of the entire survey, including the content, rating scales, answer lists and themes is created. Editing or deleting the Survey, Rating Scales, Answer Lists or Themes will not change the survey in a launched project.