Spark Chart has a public Zapier integration accessible at https://zapier.com/apps/sparkchart/integrations. Zapier is a web application that connects 1000+ applications with each other and allows you to create do-it-yourself automated workflows (Zaps) without the need to write any code. With Zapier Triggers and Actions, you can automate many workflows between Spark Chart and other applications. Zapier calls these automations "Zaps". To learn more about Zapier, please see their help at Zapier Help Basics.
Connecting Spark Chart to Zapier
The Spark Chart integrationcan be accessed from https://zapier.com/apps/sparkchart/integrations. You need to enable the Zapier Integration in the Spark Chart account and connect the account to Zapier.
The steps are:
- Click on your Profile/Avatar
- Select Integrations
- Navigate to the Zapier integration
- "Enable" Zapier and update
- Follow the instructions to connect to Zapier
The steps to activate Spark Chart in Zapier
- Create a new Zap.
- Search for Spark Chart in the app list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to "Connect Your Account". Zapier help documentation is available here. Once these steps are completed you will be able to use Zapier with Spark Chart to automate your workflow. You will not have to re-connect the accounts.
Spark Chart Triggers
The current Zapier Triggers available for Spark Chart are Survey Participant Added or Status Changed, Participant Quota Reached and New Report Share.
New Survey Participant (or participant status change)
Create a Zap to trigger on any of the following.
- A participant is added to a survey project (Not Started),
- A participant commences a survey (In Progress)
- A participant completes a survey (Completed).
Use Zapier Filters to further customize the Trigger
Triggers can be filtered to "Only continue if" a certain defined condition is present.
Survey Quota Reached
A trigger can be set to perform an action when a desired quota of survey responses is reached. The precise quota can be specified. Multiple quota levels can be set (e.g. 10, 20, 50 responses). Testing requires a sample. The testing quota sample can be achieved by creating a quota of 1 and a single survey participant.
New Report Share
A trigger can be set to perform an action when a new Report Share is created. A Share link is generated to view the shared survey results.
Spark Chart Actions
The current Zapier Actions available for Spark Chart are:
- Create a Group Link (shareable survey link) which is a link to a survey that can be shared and completed by many people and
- Add a Participant to Project.
Create a Group Link (Shareable Survey Link) - a link to a survey that can be shared and completed by many people
A Group Link is a link to a survey that can be completed by multiple people. Group Links can be created based on Triggers created. A Group Link link is generated in the process.
Add Participant to Project
Participants can be added to a specified Spark Chart project based on the Triggers created. A link to the participants' survey is generated. An individual participant link can only be completed once and then the survey is closed.