Spark Chart has a Zapier integration. Zapier is a web application that connects 1000+ applications with each other and allows you to create do-it-yourself automated workflows (Zaps) without the need to write any code. With Zapier Triggers and Actions, you can automate many workflows between Spark Chart and other applications. Zapier calls these automations "Zaps". To learn more about Zapier, please see their help at Zapier Help Basics.
Here are some example uses.
- Automatically add a person to a Spark Chart project from another app and Email the survey link and invitation to them.
- Create a Satellite link and deploy the link using an auto-responder (like Mailchimp).
- Deploy surveys using a personal mail client (like Gmail or Outlook) when a participant is added to a survey project (e.g. added automatically from an auto-responder like Mailchimp)
- Get notified when a Quota of responses is received in a project.
- Get notified by email when a survey is completed and receive the results in the email and/or a link to the results to view in Spark Chart
- Get notified by email or Slack (or similar messaging service) if a specific reponse is given to a particular survey question
- When a survey is started or completed in Spark Chart, add the person to Contacts (e.g. in Outlook, Gmail, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Use the Zapier Filtering function to filter by selected questions and response values (e.g. equal to, greater than, less than, contains, etc.). So, only trigger and take an action if the filtering criteria are met.
- When a Share report is created in Spark Chart automatically send a link to the results via other apps.
- When a person is added to contacts, automatically send them a survey invitation.
- The list of possible use cases is endless.
Connecting Spark Chart to Zapier
You must activate the Zapier Integration in the Spark Chart account and connect the account to Zapier. The steps are:
- Click on your avatar.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to the Integrations menu and choose Zapier.
- "Enable" Zapier and update.
- Follow any other instructions to connect to Zapier
The steps to activate Spark Chart in Zapier are:
- Create a new Zap.
- Search for Spark Chart in the app list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to "Connect Your Account". Zapier help documentation is available here. Once these steps are completed you will be able to use Zapier with Spark Chart to automate your workflow. You will not have to re-connect the accounts.
Spark Chart Triggers
The current Zapier Triggers available for Spark Chart are New Response, Survey Quota Reached and New Share.
A response is defined as any of the following. You can create a Zap to trigger on any of these responses.
- A new respondent is registered to participate in a survey (Not Completed),
- A survey is commenced (In Progress) or
- A survey is completed (Completed).
Use Zapier Filters to further customize the Trigger
Triggers can be filtered to "Only continue if" a certain defined condition is present.
Survey Quota Reached
A trigger can be set to perform an action when a desired quota of survey responses is reached. The precise quota can be specified. Multiple quota levels can be set (e.g. 10, 20, 50 responses). Testing requires a sample. The testing quota sample can be achived by creating a quota of 1 and a single survey participant.
A trigger can be set to perform an action when a new share is created. A Share link is generated to view the shared survey results.
Spark Chart Actions
The current Zapier Actions available for Spark Chart are Create Satellite (a link to a survey that can be shared and completed by many people) and Add Participant to Project.
Create Satellite (a link to a survey that can be shared and completed by many people)
A Satellite is a link to a survey that can be completed by multiple people. Satellites can be created based on Triggers created. A Satellite link is generated in the process.
Add Participant to Project
Participants can be added to a specified Spark Chart project based on the Triggers created. A link to the participants' survey is generated. An individual participant link can only be completed once and then the survey is closed.
Examples of Spark Chart Zapier Integrations
Spark Chart + Email (e.g. Gmail or Outlook)
Example 1: This is one of the simple, but useful Zaps you can create. Create a Zap that formats an email automatically with the details of each of your survey respondents and their results whenever they complete your survey, giving you constant updates without the need to log back into Spark Chart to monitor their progress.
Example 2: Add a Spark Chart Trigger for when a new survey response is received, and apply filters based on responses to selected questions. Then send customized emails depening upon the responses given. In the case of a Net Promoter Score survey, different emails can be sent to participants for say 1) a response of 6 or below, 2) a response of 7 or 8, and 3) a response of 9 or 10.
Example 3: Deploy surveys via a personal mail client (e.g. Gmail or Outlook). Create a Trigger of "New Response" and choose a Status of "Not Started". Then create an Action using Gmail or Outlook to send a survey to the person when they are added to a project. This Zap could start with an earlier Zap with a Trigger from an Auto-responder (like Mailchimp) adding a person to a survey project in Spark Chart.
Spark Chart + Trello + Slack
Automate your feedback process. Whenever a Trello card is moved into a specific list (e.g. awaiting feedback) Spark Chart can automatically add the person as a participant to a project. You are then sent a message in Slack.
OR, create a step to automatically email the survey link from Gmail or Outlook.
Spark Chart + Google Sheets
Centralise your contacts database. Whenever you add a new row to your specific google sheet (such as a staff list) they are automatically added as a participant to a project in Spark Chart.
Getting Started With Spark Chart and Zapier
Zapier's power comes from user's creativity. To help get you started check out Zapier's guide on Getting Started With Zapier.
If you would like personalised help, please contact us via chat or submit a ticket in our Help Center.